Sunday, July 29, 2007

Saying Goodbye and Thanks for the Life Lessons

Yet another year has passed. Today, he would have been 56 had he not just thrown in the towel on life. As difficult as it was dealing with him throwing obstacles onto my path of life, it still can seem odd without him here.

It's becoming easier, healing a bit closer with each passing day. Some days I can still get so angry that he checked out, leaving me to raise three boys. On days when I hear how great dad did something that doesn't come as naturally to me, it can still cut like a knife, but those times are less frequent.

I have to stop and realize that some of the obstacles I've faced, actually led to my growth as an individual. You don't realize how strong you are, until the safety net is not in place. So on what would have been a special day to you...

I’d like to thank you for all that you’ve helped me learn in this life and all you’ve given me. It has not always been easy, but we managed to accept things and move on with our lives and show the children a united front despite any personal differences there were.

I’m happy for you, relieved that your pain is over, and know that you are with your mom and at peace. I am very grateful that acceptance and peace was made between us all, leaving no unresolved issues. I am grateful that the boys will have wonderful memories of you, camping, fishing, and baseball. I am grateful that they will see all the people whose lives you touched.

This is not an easy time, but we will go on, with you watching over the boys as they pass milestones in their lives. We will do our best here to keep your memory alive through them, and assure that they grow up to be healthy, happy, productive members of society.

Thank you for the gift of three beautiful children, with so much love in their hearts. I will always be grateful for that.

God Bless You and Thank You. Goodbye, Rocky, we’ll miss you.

No comments: