Friday, July 27, 2007

Let's Party!

Lowered expectations seem to be everywhere these days. The latest to fall is the new standards placed on alcoholism. Thanks to the likes of Lindsey, Paris, Britney and the rest of the white trash ho down, they’ve decided it is not feesible to expect alcoholics to abstain from alcohol forever. So, the new expectation is sobriety for ONE YEAR.

When I entered recovery, I remember hearing the statistics. I believe 1 in 10 made it through the first year, however, if you could abstain for five years, your probability of remaining sober jump to 85%.

Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob must be rolling around in their graves to think that the program they devised that has worked for scores of people is being torn down so that recovery rates can look better.

I’m shocked, but I guess I shouldn’t be totally surprised. Everyone needs to feel success at lesser costs. I should be happy, according to the new standards, I’m cured. Let’s Party!

No comments: