Monday, July 23, 2007

Vindication!

The studies have proven what has always been known by the female population. We do NOT in fact speak more than our male conterparts. Despite the myth I'm sure begun by men. I wonder how much someone was paid to perform that study. Whatever the price I could have given them that information for half the cost, if only someone had asked.

Why would I be privy to that information while all the world remained in the dark. Simple. One day on our street is time enough to have shown them that the conception that we talk more then men a falsehood.

On any given day in our neighborhood you will find most of the men in conversation. How do you think we find out who is doing what. The men. Not only do the men on my street talk more, they also are more well known to gossip. Why do the women not partake as often you ask? Again, simply put, we have more things to do with our time.

While we're busy taking children from place to place, the guys are gabbing up a storm. We're getting dinner together, doing laundry, getting kids in the bath, and refereeing the latest arguments. Once we're ready to relax for the evening, we hear better coverage than if life were lived on the nightly news.

We know how much Joe Blow really paid his new car. What everyone on the block does for a living, how much they paid for landscaping, what they earn. Who has the best jobs. Play by play action of what's happening in the latest drama. For some time it was my oldest son's activities that was the source of conversation. Now, he's in recovery, his name pops up from time to time, in a more positive light. The gossip has changed over to the latest divorce drama, and the effects on the child in the middle.

It must be a way for them to build themselves up. I know myself that after hearing all that's happening in all of my neighbor's houses, I feel much better about my life.

So ladies, next time a man tries to throw that myth that all women do is gossip, you can let them know what I heard from the guys on the block. That should put an end to that falsehood, and vidicate us for the centuries of misconceptions about who in the house talks, and yes, gossips the most.

No comments: