Monday, August 13, 2007

My heart has been stolen, never to be returned. That's OK by me, because it was instead enlarged to encompass yet more souls in. The object of my desire isn't even aware how easily the key was found. All it took was a coo, bwmmmmm, moo. As simple as that, a connection made.

Oh, I don't believe it was all one sided. We shared a moment, a day. I'm sure to anyone around it was mumbled chit chat, but to us it was a cherished union. It was the most magnificent day I've ever had, besides with my immediate family...for them there is no replacement, merely an addition to.

Yep, this week I've been given the privilege of playing nanny for my niece. Definitely the best gig I've had. I was overwhelmed when the call came in. To me it's an opportunity to be a part of her life that unfortunately just doesn't happen often enough.

She's a precious little angel that blessed us one year ago. Gone are the days of sleeping the day away, not really knowing or realizing much in her surroundings. Now, today, we played peek a boo, sang songs, read books, took a stroll.

Last time I saw her, the time began on a difficult note, tired child, unknown person, and her mother. Easy choice for her to make. Today, all of that changed. She cooed, she gabbed up a storm, I'm sure she was filling me in on all the details of her life, and what she's seen so far. To top off the day completely, I had a helper. Natalie is eight years old, and lost her father to illness this summer. So, I got an earful today, and for once, I had the right answers...still fresh in the memory. I pictured my youngest, who was seven when his dad passed. I'm sure they were both watching over putting me in the right place at just the right moment. I couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. The mere thought of being there for someone else who really needs a friend...there's nothing better than that in the world.

I had so much fun, I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. I did have to make a disclaimer already to my sister in law. She was so proud of her daughter's precious poses, princess looks...the minute her back was turned I saw the true angel in all her scrunched up glow. My new friend walked away with a smile, a thank you, and a feeling of being heard and cared for. If we could do like the shampoo commercials, telling two people, just think what a wonderful effect that would have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).