Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Downsized!

Today is Day 1, reality has settled in for me. I've been downsized. To make the best of it, I'm going to become self-reliant, setting the pace for myself, rather than letting others control it for me. Every career test, every test from Tickle all point to the fact that I should be a writer, Architect, or Psychologist. Since it would take a good four or more years to even get started in psychology, writing seems to be the best path at this point of my life.

My dream job, I believe even when asked in high school was to be sitting on a beach cranking out daily syndicated columns. My hope chest has a design of my dream beach house for when I made it big.

When most kids were reading Dick and Jane books, I was reading Erma Bombeck and Mike Royko. My other asset that makes writing seem the perfect fit for me is that since I was a little girl, my mom has said "you need to stop daydreaming, focus and apply yourself." A psychic even pointed out to me at one time that Erma was going to help me from the other side. What more do I need to get this through my thick skull.

Why couldn't I just listen then, a few more years wasted filled with a lack of confidence in my abilites. Doesn't that always seem to be the way. Darn voices in my head just won't stop picking and nagging. Now, with some free time on my hands, it is time to venture out there in my own mysterious world.

It is time for me to stop lagging and start typing. Maybe downsizing was just exactly what was needed to kick me in the butt.

Don't misunderstand me on this, I'm not setting up to hang out on the computer all day waiting for a publisher to find me, but when the mood strikes and my muse sings, you'll find me here plugging away. Think of this as your view into my therapy sessions. Somedays you may need a flashlight, as I know my head can be a sometimes scary place with very dim exit signs. So, for the moment, sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments: